The Big Bang Theory 'Package'--Sheldon's choice

‘You know you are the whole package…’

I heard this expression being used by Sheldon with Amy on The Big Bang Theory.

The context being Stuart has hired an assistant manager; Denise.
As we all know, change is never easy on Sheldon. 
He comes home and mentions about the change to Amy and she breaks it down for him so that he 'adjusts' to this new development at the comic store.

After that exchange, Sheldon pays her a compliment by saying, 'you are wise and you smell like books'.

And that forms the package he approves of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0LbUGfnxmE

After hearing that exchange between 'ShAmy' I wondered what kind of ‘package’ I would make if Sheldon were to describe or approve of me?

Imagine he enters and I am doing what I do best.

I am a procrastinator and a bbbig one at that. And it also means that I need that 'focus' as much as he needs it. Nope, I can't give him that attention.

Here is a peek into how I waste my time 'unwisely'. 
Few days ago, I had a story idea and I pitched it. That part I must say was achieved pretty quickly.

I was asked to send a draft of my article, I worked on it for little over a day and managed to send it early evening on a weekend.

From the time I hit the send button until about 3.30 am, I freely indulged in my favourite pastime—you guessed it. PROCRASTINATING.

What did I do? Kept going back and forth on my social media, read a bit of gossip, pretended to do some kind of ‘research’ for my waiting-to-be-discovered story idea.
All this, while watching The Big Bang Theory marathon…
Yes, one eye and ear firmly glued to the telly!
Nope, I did not feel guilty at all. I told myself that I had worked on a pitch followed by a draft and I deserved to just let go. 

I made my self several snacks and baileys to go with it throughout my session.

If I had Sheldon by my side (assuming he enters the room to discuss his comic book store encounter with Denise), I am sure he would find nothing ‘wise’ about me wasting time combined with binge eating and sitting up till the wee hours of the morning. 

Hmm, he also mentioned how Amy smelled like books.

With me snacking on egg salad garnished with garlic flavored oil and raw onions, no chance in a million would he ever approve of those smells to be part of the ‘package’ he likes.

And how did I look? I know for sure nothing like how Amy dresses. Neat, tidy and clean. 
I am sure I looked like how one would after drinking several baileys accompanied by eating and snacking.

Unwise, smelly, unkempt and everything that is not desirable in a ‘package’ approved by Sheldon.

That is me. And I completely and one hundred per cent approve of this ‘PACKAGE’.
I know Sheldon will be disappointed. But then he will understand. He is a big boy.

Ranga Rajah 

Photo credits:
https://deadline.com/2015/11/sheldon-amy-big-bang-theory-sex-1201627985/ 
Photo by Markus Winkler on Unsplash 

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-129596927-3"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

  gtag('config', 'UA-129596927-3');
</script>



Comments

Popular Posts