Work Towards Becoming Valuable

Last day of the year...
This year, my feelings are kind of mixed. I would dare to say they are almost neutral. I am neither happy nor sad it is ending.

Nor anxious, or excited about me being almost on the threshold of a brand new year, a brand new beginning...
Seriously, I fail to understand how a few minutes after 11.59 pm on the last day of the year all things will change magically.
For instance, if I don't have a job will I get or be offered one as the hour strikes 12 am?
I doubt it and I definitely, certainly do not think things will change within minutes.
Anyhow, I do not want to be a party pooper or rain on someone else's parade.
But then, neither am I going to not give it straight to you all.
Change is good. any change is good. But, but, it has to be from the inside.
One time, a colleague of mine said this to me.
What happened was this--
I was ranting about my situation where a supervisor was being as moronic as one could possibly be.
For months, I would talk to her and rant and rant some more.

One day she said to me, 'it is not the supervisor who will change'.

'You have to start changing your attitude towards them. You are unhappy because you are expecting stuff that is outside your being to change and want to control them. But unless you start working on your insides, strengthening your core, you will forever look for people to lend an ear to your rantings'.

That made sense to me.
I started working on that harmful trait of mine.
It took me years to get off that track.

And today, here I am...

on the threshold of a brand new year that is waiting to embrace me in its warmth.
I am going to enjoy the warmth for sure, but not expect any miracles that I have not visualized, aimed, planned, and worked for.
You, I and millions of others in a similar situation should be in charge of our lives by looking in the eye at all things that work and do not work for us and taking steps necessary to set our ducks in a row.
Take charge, take action and stop blaming situations, people for all that happens to you and your life.

Take steps to stay mentally, emotionally and physically healthy this year.

DEDICATE 2019
To become more valuable to yourself first followed by people around you

Not more likeable...
I said MORE VALUABLE.

Plan and work towards becoming VALUABLE.
Start by VALUING yourself.

1: Photo by Richard Jaimes on Unsplash
2: Photo by Lukas Neasi on Unsplash

Blog by RANGA RAJAH

PS: Grateful to these extremely talented photographers adding value to my post. Can't imagine my post without these excellent photographs.




Comments

Popular Posts